Other Volunteer Opportunities
Ohr Tikvah, Light of Hope Program is seeking volunteers to help with the following one time only or one time per month activities:
- Assist with once monthly Shabbat services, usually on Friday early afternoon at Assisted Living facilities in Somerset and Hunterdon Counties
- Youth who would like to participate in leading Shabbat Services are always welcome, as well as adult volunteers of any age
We also need volunteers to help with…:
- Picking up and dropping off Bimah Baskets in the Somerset, Hunterdon, and Warren county areas. Mileage reimbursement available.
- Being a Cooking Companion, providing fresh, healthy meals for homebound, frail and isolated older adults
- Volunteering with the JFS Healthy Harvest Team at a Hunterdon County farm
- Donating fresh produce from home grown gardens
- Taking pictures at agency events and programs
- Assisting in event planning
- Presenting to the Job Seekers Success Group
- Presenting to Café Europa and/or Yearn2Learn groups
If you would like to discuss these or other volunteer opportunities, please contact JFS at 908.725.7799.